Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012


Savor The Arts

Welcome friends - old, new and yet to meet
This is my first attempt at blogging.  So far - not one of the things I savor - 
However, I am assured it will become easy for me, please bear with me until then.

Altho I am not yet an accomplished blogger, I am most definitely a Savorer.  Mr. Webster informs me the word means "one who savors".   And I do!  So many things - the arts (hence the title of this blog) music - travel - creating - decorating and design - gardening – art retreats - the list goes on and on.


Did I mention shopping?

Above all, I savor friendship.  And it was the friendship of two women who started this latest adventure in my life.

Meet my best friend Shirlie


And my best friend Karen



Both friends retired from careers in the education field and are now enjoying living the artful life.

Shirlie is a most wonderful artist.  She has participated in many Art Shows throughout Virginia.  Her paintings are now on display at the Gallery at York Hill In Yorktown, Virginia.  She is a new member of the Hampton Art League.




Karen’s passion is jewelry. Her designs use semi-precious stones collected from her travels across the United States and Europe. She joined with her sister, my best friend Sandy, to create their business – Designs 2 Wear –featuring one of a kind pieces that have been featured in museum shops and boutiques   in three different states.   




Wouldn't you just know this new adventure  led me to becoming one of the 3 promoters of a fine art show.  And trying to learn about bloging - and taking  really good pictures - and - oh my goodness - the agony of actually uploading anything I did.  


You are invited to learn more about Savor The Arts - when, why and where - and of course who.  
Tomorrow for sure (?) I will  be telling you a little about how we started our adventure and as the days go I will also be posting pictures of our participating artisans and telling you a little about them also.


In the meantime - 


Have a blessed and blissful day!!














11 comments:

  1. It looks awesome!!! Well done!! Bravo! Congrats!!Doing the happy dance with ya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only aspire to your greatness my friend. I gave links to your blog to some friends that were asking me about TAG. They are no longer so impressed with me but would really like to be your best friend.!!

      Delete
  2. WOW - my very first comment! Isn't it wonderful that, no matter how old I get, there is always a first just around the corner!!!

    Hmmm - perhaps that should be the title of a Blog - How many first have my readers experienced lately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Verni! You have begun... wait till the blog bug bites, then, oh my...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Verni, I'd like to see you add a follow this blog link in your sidebar so people can easily subscribe when you place updates. Keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I believe I have added the link per your suggestion. Please ive it a try and let me know - Next up I will try to link to your blog!!

      Delete
  5. I think you have accomplished MUCH!!! I'm still holding out on blogging! Can't wait to read more about your arty adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be a natural blogger Carol - Don't tell me there is one thing I can do better than you - I wish!!

      Delete
  6. Hey Verni! It was a joy to read your very first blog post. You are off to agreat start! Keep up the good work! (And I loved your shopping photo!).
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you I was an accomplished shopper. Last week I cleaned out Joann's Fimo - this week - Michaels.

      Determined to make those bones!!!

      Delete
  7. Great work, Verni! Just put it on my favorites.

    ReplyDelete