Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012


Suffering Thru a Tired On
And living to Blog about it!~!

Oh come on now – you have all been there.  Just plain tired.

  My grandmother would say “worn to a frazzle”. 


Tired of the heat – our hottest summer on record “they” say
I believe them.



Tired of the mess.  Trying to convert a garage into my studio.  Which means moving boxes of “stuff” and armloads of  “ things” from an upstairs bedroom to the new and not yet perfect studio. Of course it would go a lot faster if not for the discoveries! 

  When did I buy that - or should that be those?



along with why did I buy that?




And the really big – Do I still need that?




Or this?


Above all, tired of thinking.  Where does this go? Will I use that?  Does this still work? 

 Never mind that during all this time I was busily trying to set up a Blog, design a postcard, figure out how to size and move photos- and deal with more than the usual number of I things. So far I’ve managed IMac, I phone and I pod and I think that is remarkable for a “lady of years”. (Ok -I admit I did have a bit of tech support)


Just let me say this tho - I am not that fond of the I Ron and until someone designs a remote for it - the clothes stay in the basket!!!



Even tiredness comes with some measure of benefits. A new, more comfortable chair  at my computer desk has allowed me to spend more time resizing photos .  Here are a few resized shots of some of the wonderful art you will be able to view at Savor the Arts on September 15.  (It's that segue thing again!!)


Bill Turner's Wood Carvings
Nancy Wall's fish sculpture



Lynn Kelley's Painted Gourd

Thanks for listening to me whine.  Just remember this - Self Pity is Better Than No Pity At All!!!

P.S.

I knew I needed those things!!!!

  

4 comments:

  1. I Ron - I had to think a minute - you crack me up! I can help you again if you need - just let me know! Hope everything is coming together well for the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pam - thanks - enjoyed being with you. We should get together more often. Love your ideas!!! See you at the show I hope.

      Delete
  2. The big move will pay off big with all your tools
    in one place. I know it's no fun during the process. Love that display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next I guess I will need to blog about the journey from messy garage to finished studio!!! Should have taken a before picture!!!

      Delete